Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Rodney Dangerfield and me

One month ago
TC: I think that cow is pregnant.
Hubster: The only way to know that is to palpate her.
(For the rurally uninformed, "palpating" involves sticking a gloved arm inside the cow's nether regions. Obviously not a task one knocks off between other household chores. "Hey, while I'm waiting for the socks to dry, I think I'll go palpate that 1200 pound cow.")
TC: Well, I still think she's pregnant.

Three weeks ago
TC: I definitely think that cow's pregnant.
Hubster: The only way to know that is to palpate her.
Danger Boy: She's just fat.
TC: No, I really think she's pregnant.

Two weeks ago
TC: That cow is pregnant.
Hubster: The only way to know that is to palpate her.
ChopTop: Mom, you think every mammal is pregnant.

Ten days ago
TC: That cow is going to have a calf soon.
Hubster: The only way to know that is to palpate her.
FashionBug: Will you take me shopping?
Sasquatch: What's for dinner?

One week ago
TC: Well, the cow had a calf. Looks like he was born early this morning.
Hubster (after a silence while he picks his jaw up off the floor): What?! She was pregnant?
ChopTop: You mean you were right?
Danger Boy: Huh.
FashionBug: Did anyone know she was pregnant? Wait, we're not going to eat him, are we?
Sasquatch: What's for dinner?

Today
TC: You know, I think that other cow is pregnant.
Hubster: The only way to know that is to palpate her.
__________________

Norman, born 9/1/09.


10 comments:

Melodie said...

Yep,I know that feeling.Might as well be talking to yourself!

Sue said...

Welcome Norman....I hope he isn't going to end up as steaks!

Keeley said...

That happens ALL THE stinkin' TIME, doesn't it? No-one *ever* listens to the Mama!

That is a cute calf. And Norman is just about as awesome a name as you can get.

You need to run a contest for the name of the next calf. Here are a couple of my entries:

Gerald
Mr. Cucumber
Dr. Peanut
Bert

Meagan Dennison said...

I need to bring Hudson and William up for a visit. They both LOVE cows!!! And I love the baby calves...

TobyBo said...

sounds like there just might be another way to know a cow is pregnant.

Brant, Tasha, Ryan and Matthew said...

OMG! Norman is precious!!!! The boys would freak out! BTW do you do field trips??

lillinda said...

Haven't been on all summer. Boy, I sure have missed a lot. Glad to hear you have healed. Congratulations on the new cow.

JessBriggs said...

Ah, I've missed your posts! Not that you've been gone, I have. :)

Eileen said...

ahhh husbands. Sounds like many a conversation I've attempted to have with my husband while he was playing a video game...my sympathy!

www.gabiklaf.com said...

awww really cute conversation// congratulations for the calf :)