Friday, July 3, 2009

'Cause they're just supportive that way.

Somehow - possibly by a disturbance in the magnetic force in our solar system, or maybe it was just that Orion lost his belt and gave us all a great cosmic mooning - I recently ended up slated to do a stand-up comedy routine for a talent show at our church.

In the days leading up to the event, I was feeling a wee bit anxious, so, naturally, I turned to my family for some encouragement (and possibly some additional joke material). I told my kids I was worried that people might not laugh at my humor.

Sasquatch, who wouldn't know compassion if it walked up and smacked him in the back of the head, was quick to offer his "support."

He informed me that if my punch lines were met with utter silence, he'd sit in the back of the auditorium and make cricket sounds.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Joy! Two posts in 3 days. I will sleep well with a smile on my face.
Now if you would just post the routine from that night, others could enjoy it the same as we did that night at church.
MaryL

TC said...

Mary - the thing is, I don't know where my copy of that routine is! I'm telling you, I need a wife.

Sue said...

I made the "I need a wife" comment once and hubby started doing the laundry. He got quite good at it too after ruining a few whites and delicates.

reveldesignsdiary said...

That would have been very funny. Unfortunately, everyone laughed! You rocked!

Cheryl said...

You know... when my ugly-mug son made comments like that to me I would just remind him I could still take him out and make another like him, only without the smart aleck gene... :o) (Never did it, though. Don't know what that says about me.)

Keeley said...

Hahahaa!!! =D

How did it go? Hoping it went fabulously. =)

Junosmom said...

So, how did it go?

Kamala said...

Honey, that "supportive" comment is a perfect example of how they do it. Like, in my case, I had a model cancel for a photo shoot and substitute his brother-in-law (sight unseen without my approval) at 8pm the night before, after the site was all set up. My husband's comment?
"You just need to relax".

The only thing that makes me relax is your hilarious blog! thank you!