Monday, December 1, 2008

And it comes with its own tote bag.

Okay, I know I said I wanted one of those Smart Cars, mostly because they're just so dang cute. 

Well, I've had a change of heart. I want one of these. It makes a Smart Car look like a Hummer. 

Disadvantages: 
1. Not big enough to bring home a week's worth of groceries for Sasquatch. 
2. Any, uh, "emissions" by a male driver could cause the sides to bulge out, making the car appear to be a fluorescent volleyball.

Advantages:
1. Runs on air. Or salad oil. (I swear I am not making this up.) Hot tip: Buy stock in Wesson.
2. Averages 106 mpg. Hot tip: Dump stock in Exxon.

But the #1 thing I like about this car is that I believe it's the perfect vehicle for anyone under 25. Why? Because, 1) as far as I can tell, it accommodates only one person, so there's no room for any va-va-voom, if you get my drift, and b) its top speed is 35 mph, which would eliminate any opportunity for Danger Boy to intentionally go airborne over a hill. Although now that I think about it, he would probably make some "emissions" at the moment of cresting the hill, just to see if the car would bounce when it landed.

4 comments:

lillinda said...

OH ! I am so glad they came out with that while my son is still too young to drive !
By the time he gets old enough to drive maybe the used ones will be cheap enough for us! And insurance should be affordabe too. after all if they crash and kill theirselves, it would ft in a coffin, Heck, maybe it is the coffin !

Junosmom said...

I think it would be faster to walk. Around here in horse country, some of my neighbors (those obviously living on the other side of the track) drive Humvees and Doulies (did I spell that right?) I shudder to think what they'd do to this vehicle. And I doubt your son will fit into this.

Patti said...

i'm roaming the internets today and am here by way of barry. i was a homeschool mom. all 12 years at home. boy is now a married college grad. whoo-hoo!

Mostly Sunny said...

I think I could only get one butt-cheek in there. And where would Allie sit when I take her to puppy daycare?