Friday, November 21, 2008

Why we don't use ace bandages for headaches.

NOTE: This entry was originally posted on Feb. 1, 2006. It is being reprinted here at the request of my wonderfully funny friend, The Moodie Foodie.
___________________________________

Perhaps you, like I, have spent many a sleepless night pondering the issue of why we don't use ace bandages for headache relief. It's a question that has plagued mankind for centuries. Or at least since the invention of the ace bandage back in 1932.

 

Well, I think I have found the answer. We don't use an ace bandage for headache relief because it makes you look like a flaming nut case.

Exhibit A:

 

That, my friends, is my firstborn child, The Human Q-Tip.


And does anyone else see a resemblance here?

5 comments:

Sue said...

The likeness is uncanny. But, can he sing the pigeon song?

Cindy in GA said...

I have two words for you, oh unbeliever in topical headache relief: HEAD ON. Yes, you too can experience complete relief without even swallowing a pill: HEAD ON. Simply wrap around the head 4-5 times and fasten: HEAD ON. Thousands have found the headache remedy that finally works: HEAD ON. Call now for headache relief you can count on: HEAD ON. Only $19.99 plus shipping and handling: HEAD ON.

The Milkshake said...

LOL
That was funny the first time you posted it too!
I loved sesame street when I was little, Mom said I love th dance and sing the Pigeon song.


Every time I feel alone
And slightly blue
That's when I begin to think
It's what I'd like to start to do

And though it may not be the kind of thing
That's quite your cup of tea
I recommend you pay attention
To the little dance you're gonna see

Doin' the (coo, coo) pigeon
Doin' the (coo, coo) pigeon
Dancing a little smidgeon of
The kind of ballet
Sweeps me away

Doin' the (coo, coo) pigeon
Doin' the (coo, coo) pigeon
People may smile but
I don't mind
They'll never understand
The kind of fun I find

Doin' the (coo, coo) pigeon
Doin' the (coo, coo) pigeon
Doin' the (coo, coo) pigeon everyday
People may smile, but
I don't mind!
They'll never understand
The kind of fun I find

Doin' the (coo, coo) pigeon
Doin' the (coo, coo) pigeon
Doin' the (coo, coo) pigeon everyday


LOL
Have a great day!
-Tessa

pinkthis said...

Yay! I'm feeling all special up in here...I can't believe you reprinted that one just 'cause I mentioned it. Shucks!

Love it. Love it. Love it.

The McKinney Family said...

So I just found your blog yesterday and I've been reading back through the archives. Anyhow, a couple of years ago, my husband and I and our 4 children under 2 were on a long drive home from somewhere and I had an awful migraine. The "Kill me now" kind. Out of desperation, I put on one of the kids' swimmy diapers... yes, on my head. And it felt sooooo much better. So now I do that whenever I have a headache. And if I tell my husband that I have a headache, my 4 year old offers to get me a pull-up :). Just thought I'd share that- in case you're ever out of ace bandages :).