Sunday, September 7, 2008

Proof that our culture is going to hell in a handbasket.

People are always complaining about the media. 

Reporters slant stories too far left. Or right. Or, for those at the North Pole, too far south.

Rumors are reported as fact. Facts are reported only in part. 

Tabloids skip the facts and the rumors altogether and just report the news that's transmitted from space aliens and their leader, Elvis Presley.

And just when you think it can't get any worse ....

... I've been published.

Yep. A small magazine that circulates in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area printed one of my pieces.

I'm trying not to get The Big Head about this, but I gotta tell you, I'm happier than a dung beetle in the cattle barn at the county fair. 

I promise this: If this leads to my very own media empire, I am definitely going to hire someone else to do my bi-weekly shopping for boys' socks and underwear.

10 comments:

Amanda said...

Congrats on being published!!

Hugs,
Amanda

Katy said...

So? Where's the link to your masterpiece?? Please share with your loyal blog fans! :-)

Beth said...

Absolutely! Put that link up here!

beth (a "lurker" if there ever was one, for at least 9 months or so)

Keeley said...

Awesome! Congratulations! =)

Cindy in GA said...

Congratulations, TC!!! Can you tell us the topic? At least tell us if it had to do with socks or underwear? :o)

Tracey said...

It was only a matter of time! Congratulations, TC...I'm just jazzed that so many more folks will have stomach aches from all the belly laughs!

Mostly Sunny said...

You MUST at least tell your only seester where you were published. I mean, I have to relish the thought that I'm actually related to someone who's famous for something other than Burp Champion of Hicksville!

Junosmom said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Like it has already been said, it was just a matter of time. Move over Erma Bombeck. No wait, she'd dead, so we don't want room there. Seriously, congratulations. You are going to be a hit. (Any way to link to it?)

mens mesh underwear said...

oh my goodness!!! congratulations!!! can we read please?!

Cheers,
Kaylie

Gage Browning said...

bowing...chanting..."unworthy"..."unworthy"...