Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Good grief, where have I been?

I've decided it's really difficult to keep up with a blog when one lives a life as exciting as mine.

To wit (I've said it before, and I'll say it again, one of the best things about blogging is getting to use phrases you'd never say in real life, like "to wit"):

Bunhead, after ballet class last week: I feel so out of touch with the other girls in class. Last week, during spring break, Rachel went to France. Lauren went to Hawaii. Olivia went to Pompeii!

Me: Are you saying our spring break wasn't exciting, or interesting, or stimulating? What about the day the dog got so stressed, he pooped on the floor while we were trimming his nails? Wasn't that a story you'll tell your children? Oh, and don't forget that one afternoon when we went to StuffMart and I made everyone behind us in the self-checkout line wait for 15 minutes while I plugged dimes and nickels into the slot to pay for my purchases! Wasn't that a lively time? Oh, oh, and the morning that the cow and her calf escaped, and we had to go all Lonesome Dove out on the highway to round 'em back up? That was kind of cool. And then there was that time your dad wigged out because the floor needed to be vacuumed. That was ... uh ... memorable.

Bunhead, giving me that look that says, Only by some bizarre genetic mutation am I related to you : Yeah.

So yeah. That's what's been rockin' and rollin' in my life. But I just found out about a new candy bar that's just begging for my comments. You know I always have an opinion about chocolate - usually that 1) it's good, and 2) I need some - so that'll be up next.

8 comments:

Antelope said...

TC,

I'm your first commenter!! =O

I have been faithfully checking your blog everyday since March 11th or whenever you last posted, so I'm pretty hyped that you finally answered my silent wishes. Yay.

Your weeks sound very interesting. Haven't seen you all in a while - maybe that accounts for it. =D And I can't wait for your next post. No pressure.

Yours truly,
Jess

Tiffany said...

I am so glad you are back. I was having withdrawls from the continuous laughter I was used too. So do tell about this new candy bar. Pretty please!

CrossView said...

Did you add "And one day you'll thank me for this!"?
'Cause that always thrills my kids!

Keeley said...

I'm so glad you're back! I've missed you and your dog pooping stories. Ok, maybe not the dog pooping stories so much, but I've missed chortling happily to myself as I read your blog. =Þ

Kelley said...

I don't know what any kid would complain about...that sounds like a spring break for everyone.

Mostly Sunny said...

Hmmmm. Sounds like MY life. Today I came home from work to be welcomed by:
1. dog puke on the floor
2. dog pee on the floor
3. dog poop on the floor
4. a clogged toilet that almost made ME puke on the floor to see it.

I wanted to get back in my car and go back to 32 students.

lillinda said...

So glad to hear from you and that your world is NORMAL !
We were worried that someting had happened to you.
Your spring break actually sounds more exciting than mine !
I took the "old people" to the doctor 3 days in a row and sat around perusing "Doctors With Yachts" and Doctors Investing" magazines !
(They are investing my dad's money in those yachts !)LOL
Linda

Wendiesioux said...

Welcome back! I was going through withdrawls too. And your post mentioned "Stuff Mart." My day is complete! :)