Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Thursday Thirteen. Or not.

When I woke up this morning, I had a brainstorm. I would do a Thanksgiving Thursday Thirteen, listing 13 things I'm thankful for that start with "th." Gotta love alliteration.

Here's the actual stream of consciousness that meandered through my mind.

Okay. Let's see. One: thumbs. Two: thread. Three: Thoroughgood, George. Four: .... hmm, this is going to be harder than I thought. ....
Thick ankles.
Thunder thighs.
Wait. I'm not thankful for those. ...
I can pretend I have a lisp.
Thampoo.
Thilly Thtring.
That's not gonna work...
Why didn't the Puritans call this "Grateful Day?" I bet I can think of lots of things starting with "gr."
Gravy.
The first thing I come up with is gravy? Well, that explains the thunder thighs.
Ground coffee.
Grinch.
Grooviness.
Foie gras. What the heck? Where did that come from? I don't even know what foie gras is. Do rabbits eat it?
Rabbit trails.
Rabbit holes.
Lewis Carroll knew nothing about rabbit holes. My neural connections just veer off into these bizarre dark caverns in my brain. ...
I should donate my brain to science. ...

It went on from there, involving things like thatched roofs, Martha Stewart, and Sesame Street. I'll spare you the details.

In the end, I just decided to wish everyone a warm & blessed Thanksgiving. At our house, the holiday will be fondly remembered as The Year Mom Forgot to Buy Cranberry Sauce and StuffMart Was Sold Out Of It On Wednesday Afternoon.

7 comments:

Chris said...

Yep...you so should win the funniest award :)

I just ate like...way too much lol Happy thanksgiving to you too :)

Shelley said...

Well, I'm thankful for holiday laughs on your blog. And I'm thankful to know that I'm not the only person with a brain that thinks all over the place.

I was thinking today about the email that went around a few years ago called Martha Stewart won't be coming to my house for Thanksgiving. It was absolutely hilarious--you probably wrote it.

Something about I hope you'll enjoy the CD of tribal drumming and if the kids say that it isn't a CD of tribal drumming, it's the turkey in the dryer, don't believe them. Stuff like that. I'll have to see if I still have it in my folders.

Keeley said...

Hahahahaha!!! =D

It's ten past midnight and I STILL think that's funny. In fact, I thought it was so funny I shared it with my teenager (what the heck is she doing up so late?) and SHE thought it was funny as well. =)

In other news, I bought my cranberry sauce about three months ago. I have no idea why.

Connie said...

Our oldest son likes it when our conversations go like that... when one subject turns to another and then to another. He then will follow it all the way back to the beginning to see what we started with and how it got so far off the original subject. How nice that you can entertain yourself within your own brain. Ha! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Can't Say.. My Mom catch me said...

Thanks okay at our house it will be the year that "Mom forgot to make stuffing" even though it was sitting beside the stove all day. But how do you remember the 12th dish to be made to take to the table really?

Jen said...

Good to see your sense of humor is intact!
God bless,
Jen

P.O.M. said...

Oh my - that was funny. You have alot of things going thru your mind in the morning. Mine is like, "Damn it. Snooze button. Not running. Pony tail day."