Saturday, November 10, 2007

The New Baby

I love my in-laws. They are here visiting, and they eat apples.

So because I don't have time to write a real entry, I'm just going to post this joke that I received from my mom.

MY FRIEND GAVE BIRTH AT 65
With all the new technology regarding fertility recently, a 65-year-old friend of mine was able to give birth.
When she was discharged from the hospital and went home, I went to visit.
"May I see the new baby?" I asked.
"Not yet," she said. "I'll make coffee and we can visit for a while first."

Thirty minutes had passed, and I asked, "May I see the new baby now?"
"No, not yet," she said.

After another few minutes had elapsed, I asked again, "May I see the baby now?"
"No, not yet," replied my friend.
Growing very impatient, I asked, "Well, when can I see the baby?"
"WHEN HE CRIES!" she told me.
"WHEN HE CRIES?" I demanded. "Why do I have to wait until he CRIES?"

"BECAUSE I FORGOT WHERE I PUT HIM. O.K.?!!"

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup, that's why dear daughter took dear granddaughter to work with her until she was old enough to stay with me!
ha, ha -- ML

Amanda said...

Who says you have to be 65 for that to happen? LOL I'm having baby #3 on Monday and between pain meds and sleep deprivation, I can see that happening! ;) Glad you're enjoying the visit with your parents and have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Amanda

Jess said...

Oh! That's terrible! (In a funny kind of way...)

I'll just make sure that all my kids are born between the ages of 20 and 35. xD

Jess

Debi said...

That is too hilarious! Oh man...I needed that today! Thank you!

Supernatural said...

This is going to be you in a few years... which is why I'll end up to be your main caretaker. *sigh*

Chris said...

i'll be telling ppl that one!

Sydney said...

Thanks for the laugh. I finally posted my seven things! I guess I should have made one of them about procrastination. Oh well, too late now!

Sleepless Stitch said...

That is so sad...hahahaa!!