Wednesday, August 22, 2007

What, no iPod dock?

I don't know if I can take the pressure.

When I got married, there was this unspoken assumption that I would acquire certain small kitchen appliances. As if that weren't enough, I was supposed to actually know how to use them, and then I was expected to produce real, edible food! Good golly, it's a wonder I didn't have a mental breakdown.

Twenty-one years later, I can say that I've mastered the acquisition part. I'm really good at buying stuff. And I'm usually pretty skilled at figuring out how to use my appliances (as in, how to turn them on and off). It's the food production step that still gives me fits.

Well, now there's another expectation. Apparently it's not enough to have a state-of-the-art mixer and all the attachments. Now I have to bling my mixer, like these folks have done.

But after giving this a little thought, I've decided how to customize my own kitchen. I'm going to put some of that yellow "CAUTION" tape on my oven door. Lord knows I don't need flame decals - I've got the real thing going on.

_________________________________________________________

(See more customized mixers here.)

No comments: