Friday, August 31, 2007

"TAG" spelled backward is "GAT."

With thanks to PuritySeekers:

1. What is your school’s name and why? My family has always resisted naming our school, mainly because they’re afraid I’m going to make them all wear matching polo shirts with the name embroidered on the chest. Dang it, why did I teach them to be independent thinkers? So our unofficial school name is the North Texas Academy of Cheez-Doodles.

2. How is your weather today? Texas + August = hot & sunny.

3. What steals your joy? Watching Christians be hateful to each other, because it so destroys the witness of the Church.

4. Name 5 blessings you received this week.
1. Biscotti.
2. Nine hours of sleep on Wednesday night, compared to my usual 5 or 6.
3. CiCi’s pizza with three of my favorite young adults – Tyler, Emma, and Osprey.
4. Tickets to see Relient K and Switchfoot in October. Woo hoo!
5. Being part of an incredible church, and having the Word poured out on me as a means of grace.

5. Favorite Scripture passage. All of Philippians.

6. Who in the Bible do you think you are most like? Joseph. But I don’t do dream interpretation, so don’t ask.

7. The passage of scripture you read last was: Mark 5.

8. Have you ever praised God for something weird? My life, which is just a series of weird events.

9. If you were making a greeting card for God, what would you say? THANKS FOR EVERYTHING! YOU’RE THE GREATEST! And if you’re not too busy, would you mind just whacking _________ with a lightning bolt?

10. What is the best miracle God has performed in your life, or what is you favorite answered prayer? You mean besides the fact that He predestined me, regenerated me, called me, justified me, and is sanctifying me? Well, there’s that little matter of Him blessing infertile me with four children …

11. What is the most fun thing you have done lately? Gone shopping with Emma for a formal dress, which was considerably less traumatic than jeans shopping, except when she put on the dress that made her look like Marilyn Monroe and I needed oxygen.

12. How did you choose your screen name? It’s closely related to the name given me by the US Witness Protection Program, and that’s all I can say about that.

Now...choose five people to tag. OreoSouza, Telmar, EmptyNestMom, ChathamMommy, Iluvtheland .

No comments: