Saturday, August 18, 2007

Bad Poetry

I'm excited to announce, in honor of today being Bad Poetry Day, TC's First Annual Bad Poetry Awards. Here's what you have to do to enter and possibly win.

  1. Write a bad poem, using either your blog name or user name as part of the poem. (There are no specific guidelines for this. We all know a bad poem when we see one.) Here's an example, which I created before my first cup of coffee this morning - a time when the worst poetry is written, in my opinion..

    Lost and Found

    If you find a pair
    of boy's underwear,
    contact Fish In My Hair.
    Her sons' tushies are bare.

  2. Put the poem on your blog, and leave me a comment here letting me know where to find your entry.
  3. I will announce two winners - Young Adult (under 18), and Adult - on Monday, Aug. 20.
  4. Winners will be given an award button to post on their blog.

That's it! Have fun, and remember, you're not truly a bad poet until it can be said of you the same that J.K. Stephens said of William Wordsworth: "An old half-witted sheep."

No comments: