Friday, January 26, 2007

A tip for parents of teens

One of the great benefits of homeschooling is that even we parent-teachers get educated, too. Here's what I learned this week: Never agree to play "Truth or Dare" with your teenage children. It doesn't matter if you choose "truth" or "dare," this will prove to be a lose-lose situation for you. If you opt for "truth," your children will ask you embarrassing questions and then guffaw at your reluctant answers. If you choose "dare," you will end up having to kiss the dog on the lips or sing Oh! Gravity, all the way through, while waiting in line at Blockbuster.

I told my kids they have to select another game next week.

They chose poker.

If I'm not around to blog after next week, it'll be because the little heathens took all my money and I can't pay my internet service bill.

No comments: