Sunday, January 7, 2007

Apron Power

I've worn an apron for years, not to show how domestic I am or how feminine I feel, but because, well, I'm a mess. For me, it's more an adult bib than an apron. And, if you've been reading this blog for a while, you know that I have a history of exciting things happening to me in the kitchen - exploding dishes, appliances with falling parts, that kind of thing. Now that I think about it, I probably ought to be wearing steel-toed boots, safety glasses, and a hard hat while I'm cooking.

Anyway. If you wear an apron, get someone to take a photo of you in it and submit it to Barbara's Apron Power Contest. You could win a book. That Barbara's a pretty smart cookie. She knows how much homeschoolers can't resist the lure of the possibility of owning a new book.

I'm going to go search my fabric stash right now. I think I might have some flame-retardant fabric that would be perfect for a new bib apron.

ETA: You'd better hurry with that apron photo. The contest ends Jan. 12, 2007.

No comments: