Thursday, August 24, 2006

PROOF!

Ah ha! I finally have real, unarguable proof that I'm not as dorky as my kids think I am. I am really and truly cool.


This is how I know I'm cool. During one of my recent myriad doctor's waiting room camp-outs, I sat perusing a copy of People magazine. And this wasn't any old 1998 copy either - it was from August, 2006. And there - right there in People magazine, in color no less! - was a photo of Julia Roberts, star of stage & screen, wearing a pair of the very same sandals as mine. Seriously!! How cool is that?!


I would post the photo of her and one of me side by side, but I'm afraid you wouldn't be able to tell us apart, and that would be terribly unfair to Julia, because then you'd be going to her movies and thinking you were seeing TC and raving, "Isn't she just the coolest?" and poor Julia would get an inferiority complex and then she'd have to start copying my purses, too, and then the world would be filled with "Tarzan & Jane" knock-off bags and then my daughter would just have to lay down and die of embarrassment. And I have first dibs on dying in this family, so that won't work.


I guess you'll just have to take my word for it. I'm cool, and even Julia Roberts knows it.

No comments: