Tuesday, May 2, 2006

Am I losing my fashion sense?

Admittedly, I'm not usually on the cutting edge of fashion, but I do my best not to embarrass myself or my family. For instance, I don't wear polyester double-knit pants with the elastic waistband pulled up to my chest. I don't use green eyeshadow or frosted pink lipstick. And I never, ever, EVER wear anything even remotely reminiscent of the 1980's, a period of time I like to call the What Were They Thinking? era.


So last week I made what I thought was a lovely tote bag, until my daughters totally dissed it. They call it an "old lady purse." One daughter says she won't be seen in public with me if I'm carrying it, and the other wants to know if I'll be wearing the matching hair net with knee high hosiery rolled down to my ankles.


Here's the bag:



So what say you: is it a vogue vintage-chic valise, or a horrid handbag for hags?


(Note: pattern is from The Tote Bag Book, by Cindy Taylor Oates.)

No comments: