Saturday, January 28, 2006

"I'm So Tired"

That's a song sung by the inimitable Madelyn Kahn, in Blazing Saddles, and I've decided to make it my personal theme song. I don't know if it's age or lifestyle, but I'm exhausted. Maybe it's genetics - my family crest prominently features a yawning sloth (which I think is a good name for a rock band, by the way). If it weren't for coffee and diet Dr. Pepper, I'd accomplish nothing.


Last night, I was too tired to go to bed. I just sat there for an hour, looking dazed, like a deer in headlights. (Oh, wait. I guess deer in headlights look more startled than dazed. Well, I'm too tired to stretch my pinky finger to the delete key, so I'm running with this analogy.) Anyway. Not just any normal deer. I was more like a lobotomized deer who's been stuffed into lead underpants. You get the picture.


So because I'm too tired to write anything especially witty or significant or even stupid, I'm just going to answer the following questions with which QueenofHearts tagged me.


7 awesome movies


  1. Chocolat
  2. The Shawshank Redemption
  3. Driving Miss Daisy
  4. Lonesome Dove
  5. Chicago
  6. Pirates of the Carribbean
  7. Memento

7 Great Music People

  1. the late Eva Cassidy
  2. James Taylor
  3. David Wilcox
  4. FFH
  5. Bela Fleck & The Flecktones
  6. Aretha Franklin
  7. The Mamas and The Papas

7 people I talk to almost every day


  1. The husband
  2. 15 year old son
  3. 14 year old daughter
  4. 12 year old daughter
  5. 10 year old son
  6. my pug (well, he thinks he's a person)
  7. myself


7 things I love


  1. My church
  2. Chocolate
  3. Mocha peppermint lattes
  4. Peanut butter M&Ms
  5. My family
  6. My doggies
  7. the beach


7 things you could call me


  1. Mrs. __________ (my last name)
  2. She Who Must Be Obeyed
  3. Her Royal Highness, The Queen of the World
  4. Chicken Lady
  5. Mean Mom
  6. Chocolate addict
  7. TC - which today stands for Tired Chick


7 states I love


  1. Texas
  2. Oklahoma
  3. New Jersey
  4. Texas
  5. North Carolina
  6. Arizona
  7. Texas


And I'm too tired to tag anyone else, so if you feel like answering these yourself, go ahead. I've got to go sleep through - er, WATCH, I mean WATCH, my son's hockey game.

No comments: