Thursday, November 10, 2005

I really am a legitimate homeschooler. Really.

I decided that today I probably should write something about school or our family rather than the mindless drivel that bounces around in my head and eventually finds its way here. So I'm going to write about my youngest child, because he's my favorite. KIDDING!


S is 10 1/2 years old. He made his entry into this world in a big way, and when I say big, I mean that literally. He weighed 11 pounds. Now he's 5'3" and 120 pounds. His hockey coaches call him "The Giant," or "Big Daddy." His dad calls him "Sasquatch." He loves his mama and is the only one of my four children to have gifted me with jewelry, which is why he's my favorite. KIDDING!


He has a unique sense of humor. One of our best family stories is when he cut the ends out of a large cereal carton, stepped his naked self inside, and said, "Look, Mom - boxers!" He first drove a car at age 2. He used to be so shy that when an adult would talk to him, he would tip over like a felled tree. He's an excellent speller. He says that when he plays in the NHL, he will give me tickets to all his games and buy me a new car, which is why he's my favorite. KIDDING!


Now I'm going to get off this computer and go find S and give him a big ol' kiss and hug. I love that boy.

No comments: