Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Do your boys understand the concept of indoors/outdoors?

'Cause mine don't seem to get it. I just looked outside and my boys, Sasquatch (age 10) and The Gourmet Chef (age 15) are playing hockey using their laundry baskets as goals. This is not a bad thing, except that when I go up to their room, I will find that the space vacated by the laundry baskets will have been filled with innumerable, mostly unidentifiable, outdoor goodies. To wit: (I've always wanted to write "to wit," even though I don't know what it means)


1. Small chunks of hard brown bits. I think these are pinecone pieces. But since we don't have any actual pine trees on our property, my pinecone theory could be wrong. Excuse me while I go wash my hands.


Okay, I'm back.


2. Chicken feathers. These may have blown here from Dalyn's place.


3. A dried-up toad that our black lab has apparently been hoarding for an after-dinner snack.


4. A mushroom. Oh, wait. I think that's actually a fungus encrusted sock.


5. A tooth from a neighbor's cow. You never know when you're going to need a bovine canine. Heh heh.


Well, apparently it's time for me to don my HazMat suit and go decontaminate, a la "Monsters Inc." See you all later.

No comments: